Why is AGW called a mass mania? Who would have guessed that it would be a new age doomsday religion preaching apocalyptic Thermageddon that would usher in the 21st Century or public-funded schoolteachers would become acolytes of an anti-humanistic credo… or, that around the turn of the millennium working stiffs in the free enterprise system would be fighting from their homes and businesses for truth, justice, carbon dioxide and the American way against a rapacious Secular, Socialist, Government-Education Industrial Machine?
Realists have been watching the dumbing-down of society and the government-funded education system for years. Global warming alarmism is just one of many indications of its spiral into oblivion with Western civilization being dragged down like a stone behind it. It is no longer possible to NOT see that behaviors leading to the ruction of morals, ethics, principles and even the scientific method have undermined our personal faith in ourselves and in a shared cultural confidence in our abilities to overcome ignorance and superstition with reason and knowledge.
Fear of future climate rubs all of our collective noses in society’s lack of will to discriminate between good and bad of today. It deprives us of the opportunity to reward excellence and personal achievement and draw a praiseworthy distinction between honor-earned through personal dedication and sacrifice versus drawing a needed lesson about a future-denied resulting from self-destruction and self-defeating nihilism.
Fear of global warming is not just a hoax and scare tactic. It is a symptom of a sick, corrupt and mentally dysfunctional zeitgeist. The AGW fearmongering in the public schools is a case of top-down global societal ADHD.
If you don’t believe global warming alarmism is destroying Western civilization then answer six questions (see, Paul Driessen, et al., Cause for alarm, 23-May-10). They are as follows:
- Why do scientists and news stories blame everything on global warming?
- Why is warming always framed as bad news?
- Why does so much ‘research’ claim a warmer planet ‘may’ lead to more diarrhea, acne and childhood insomnia, more juvenile delinquency, war, violent crime and prostitution, death of the Loch Ness Monster – and even more Mongolian cows dying from cold weather?
- Why is it a bad thing that more CO2 helps plants tolerate droughts better and re-vegetate deserts?
- Why do ‘error corrections’ always seem to result in more warming than originally predicted, instead of less?
- And why do taxpayers have to shell out Big Bucks on this stuff?
“ If we didn’t know better, we’d think the operative rules were: Never seek logical or alternative answers, if you can blame a phenomenon or problem (like decreasing frog populations) on global warming. Do whatever it takes and fund whatever research is needed, to advance the goals of ending hydrocarbon use, increasing government control and ‘transforming’ society. And always include the terms ‘global warming’ or ‘climate change’ in any grant application. (Ibid)