1. often Sun A star that’s 93 million miles away from Earth.
2. A star that is the center of a planetary system.
3. The radiant energy that is emitted by the sun—e.g., heat and visible light—i.e., sunshine.
4. A sunlike object, representation, or design.
5. That independent variable that somehow exerts its influence on everything else.
6. A mass of incandescent gas that doesn’t just cause different things to be related it accounts for it.
7. A place where no thing lives that we cannot live without.
8. A fearsome nuclear bomb.
9. A place so hot – the temperature is millions of degrees — even metals are gases.
10. Key independent variable responsible for global warming and cooling–nominally, it’s the Sun, stupid.
“ …we should recognize that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible (IPCC 3rd Assessment Report; Section 188.8.131.52, p. 774).