The political correctness of cash for clunkers altruism is no way to run a railroad… or a society. Individual liberty trumps increasing federal government and also local politics that are dominated by a democracy that is motivated by taking from someone else at the point of a ballot.
The Left nurses its hypocrisy like blowing hot breath across the brim of a hot mug of tea to make it drinkable; we have seen socialist economics. The Left swoons for chaos to keep eyes off the cause.
I do not know if it easy or hard to separate Rand’s metaphysics of the superiority of individual over the collective from her description of a socio-economic system based on the freedom to pursue self-interest. Some may not be wired to think in those terms… just as people raised in a Western democratic society will have difficulty understanding why a Palestinian parent would celebrate a child blowing up in a Jewish café.
Other Top Stories
- IPCC Meeting in Monaco to Save Oceans and Cryosphere…
- The Bankruptcy of Leftists Stonkernomics and Liberal Utopianism
- Little Ice Age, Stupid
- Portable Essay Technique – Too Much Global Warming
- Socially Awesome Penguin
- What's Worse than Fake – Perhaps Worse than We Even Know
- A Changing Climate in the Global Warming Debate
- Oscillators —e.g., ENSO Effects and Solar Activity...
- Global Warming Falls to Earth
- It’s the Economy Not Global Warming Stupid